I have been nominated for another award! Honestly, I feel so shocked. Our Un-imaginables community is really growing and I am overjoyed to be making such a difference. I would like to thank both Leo from ‘The Anxious Teacher’ and Ilona Taylor-Conway from the ‘Pesky Pelvis’. I was nominated by both of them for this award on the same day. It was jaw dropping to say the least. So how about we get into the rules of this award?
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
What is “The Mystery Blogger Award”? I have no clue, so let’s look into it. According to the award’s creator, Okoto Enigma, the ““Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.” You can check out her blog here.
1. I have a huge phobia of pool filters. Ever since I can remember, I have harbored hate against those evil circles found on the bottom of public pools. Sure, they may help maintain the pool’s cleanliness, but have you ever stepped on one? The thought just sends shivers down my spine. I dislike any type of filter, whether it be on the side, bottom, or elsewhere. The huge grate filter/drains are the worst! I always think that they are going to suck me in.
2. My nails grow like crazy. I have to cut my fingernails every week because of how long they get. My EDS causes my nails to be very bendy, so I cannot wear my nails longer than the length of my actual fingers.
3. When I was a kid, my hair would not grow in length. It stayed at a little above shoulder length for so many years. The irony is that my hair grows so fast now. I have no idea what made it change.
1. Who was your first celebrity crush? Easy! My first celebrity crush was Zac Efron circa ‘High School Musical’ age.
2. When you were little (4/5 years old) what did you want to be when you grow up? I’ve never had a specific career or job that I wanted to go into. The only thing that I remember wanting to do is to be like my mom. So I guess, a wife and mother?
3. What came first, the chicken or the egg? Well, obviously the chicken, because who would’ve laid the egg. Plus the egg would have been exposed to the elements and eaten.
4. If you could pick anyone to play you in a movie about your life who would it be and why? I would pick Rebel Wilson to play me in the movie. She is my favorite actress and we share in a lot of the same humor.
5. What were the last 5 emojis you have recently used? The last five emojis I used were sweating laugh face, wink face, fist, explosion, and the blue global connection one.
1. Can you remember the last dream you had and if so what was it about? The last dream I had was last night. I was an intern for a family on ‘Dance Mom’s’, but I gradually took over the show with my awesome dance moves. It was definitely a dream, because I cannot dance to save my life!
2. If you could only pick one, would you rather travel 50 years into the future or 50 years into the past? Hmm, this is a hard question. There was even more stigma 50 years ago than there is now and I’m not sure that I would want to experience it. I think I would rather learn about my future, than a past where I’m not even alive yet.
3. Views on Brexit? Massively controversial I know but I genuinely want to know. If you’re not a Brit would love to hear your perspective. Also “I haven’t got the foggiest what’s going on,” Is an acceptable answer. I had to look this one up and I still do not understand. Seeing as I don’t live in the U.K, I really have no idea what you’re asking! 🙂
4. Favorite 90s tv character? Tommy from ‘Rugrats’.
5. What is your happiest memory? My happiest memory has to be when I was at a beach in San Diego with my brother and mom. We were on our annual vacation and having the best time. With my brother gone now, it is a memory I think of often.
My Favorite Posts:
The first of my favorite two posts has to be ‘Hereditary Lymphedema: A Mystery Years in the Making.’ This post was the first time that I openly talked about my lymphedema and I received an overwhelming response. So many people were able to relate to what I wrote and it encouraged me to continue writing about that specific condition. My other favorite post is ‘Evie’s Law Continues the Fight for Discrimination Free Organ Transplants.’ I followed a family with a 2 year old little girl named Evie. She has Down Syndrome and might need an organ transplant in the future. The problem is that the organ transplant system often discriminates against those with disabilities (especially neurodevelopmental ones). They consider someone “normal” to have a better quality of life, even though these transplants help in the same way. I’ve gone on to work with the Chronic Disease Coalition to pursue making this illegal in every state. There are currently 39 states left, including mine.
My Nominations: (in no particular order)
Lavender and Levity
Fractured Faith Blog
No Half Measures
Elissa Renee – Art
The Reluctant Spoonie
There’s a Crack in Everything
Lymphedema Dude Joshua
My Questions For You:
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- Have you ever been ticketed (or arrested) for anything before?
- In 5 words or less, describe your greatest strength.
- Would you put pineapple on pizza?
- What is the strangest thing you did as a child?
Thank you so much for reading today’s post! What did you think of my answers? Did you learn anything new about me? Please subscribe and I’ll see you next time, my Un-imaginables!