The Sunshine Blogger Award. I’ve seen this award going around on Twitter, especially during April and May. To have been nominated for three blogger awards within six months of blogging is startling! As I have stated, none of what I have been doing is for my own recognition. It is all to help further break down the discrimination and stigma surrounding the chronic illness, mental health, and disability communities. Getting this third award is assuring in a way that what I’m doing is working. That to me, is more credible than receiving these awards. Although I am very grateful for the nominations, especially when they come from good friends!
The Sunshine Blogger Award exists to recognize, spread love, and to appreciate bloggers of all categories. I want to thank Leo from ‘The Anxious History Teacher’. She nominated me a few weeks back. A couple of days ago, I was also nominated by Georgina from ‘Chronillicles’. Many thanks to you both! This summer has been hard for me health wise and that of course, affects my mental health. These nominations are like a big hug from you too. Thank you for thinking of me and I urge everyone to check out their blogs. It is definitely worth the read! Let’s review the rules of this award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their site.
- List the Sunshine Blogger Award rules and display their logo on your site.
- Answer the SBA questions given by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about their nominations.
- What is the reason behind the name of your blog? Good Question! ‘The Chronically Unimaginable’ stands for the journey that chronic illness, mental health, and disability warriors go through. These types of conditions are chronic, hence, ‘Chronically”. To a “normal” person, this type of life is unimaginable. I also like to end my blogs with the word hyphenated like this: Un-imaginables. This is to symbolize that we are making the impossible, possible. This is why we are fighting, to make our journeys a little bit less unimaginable.
- What are your blogging goals? My blogging goals are to help as many people as possible. I usually write informative blogs about the stigma and discrimination going on in the various communities. My hope is that this blog will help others, whether they need encouragement, support, or anything of the sort.
- What is the best thing you love about blogging? The best thing that I love about blogging is the connection I get to make with the community. I never know what article will get a lot of attention. It is amazing to me to learn that others are suffering with the same conditions, even the rare ones.
- When and why did you start blogging? I began blogging at the very end of February of 2019, so this year. The reason I started blogging was because I wanted a platform where I could freely spread awareness about what I wanted to. I hoped to create a community where people felt comfortable, supported, and empowered.
- What are 3 words that best describe you? Three words that best describe me are perseverance, empathetic, and loving.
- What are 4 things on your bucket list? Since I’m chronically ill, my bucket list is a bit different then the average. So four things on my bucket list would be to be in a committed relationship, to travel to the city I was born, to write a book, and to have my poetry published.
- What do you do on your down time? On my down time, I like to go on Instagram and Twitter. Especially during a flare, being able to connect with the chronic illness community for support is vital. I am also able to give support when my pain isn’t as bad and it is good to know that I am helping others.
- If you could speak to your 11 year old self, what would you say? I would tell my 11 year old self that, “You are beautiful, wonderful, special, amazing, and above all, worth it. Above all, get professional help for your anxiety pronto!”
- Do you have any guilty pleasures, if so what? This is easy. Chocolate for sure, but of the darker variety. Yum!
- What is your favorite time of year and why? My favorite time of year is in the Fall. For most of my life I lived in Southern Arizona, where we did not experience true seasons. Just really hot and less hot. When we moved up to Northern Arizona where it actually snows and has four seasons, I was elated! I find that the chilly breezes and falling leaves are beautiful. It is also the time of year where my health starts to improve. I have heat intolerance, so that relief of knowing I have three seasons before the next summer is thrilling.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? In five years, I see myself as being more closely entangled in the chronic illness community. I feel like my blog and social media communities will have grown substantially and that means more people are being helped. I might even be in a relationship, who knows? I like to stay in the moment and focus what I can do then.
- If the whole world froze (and people with it) for 24 hours and you were the only person who could move, what would you spend that 24 hours doing? Ooh this is a fun question! I would probably go traveling (and rob a few stores, leaving money in till of course!) This is tricky. I feel like I might just do whatever I want. It would be even better if in those 24 hours I wasn’t chronically ill. Then I could do so many more crazy things.
- Which character from Friends would you rather be? I haven’t watched too much of the show Friends, but I feel like I would be Joey. I’m very clumsy and goofy.
- Do you prefer Summer or Winter? I much prefer winter because there is no killer heat battling my POTS.
- Would you rather eat chocolate and ketchup or fish fingers and custard? Hmm, I actually don’t really like ketchup, so I would take the fish fingers and custard. It kind of sounds good to be honest.
- If you could play a (new) musical instrument, what would it be? I would play the harp. I just think it looks so cool, not to mention how angelic it sounds.
- Would you rather be a blogger or a writer/author? I’d much rather be a blogger than an author. This is just for my own freedom of expression. It is hard to tailor your writing to fit into a certain group/style that a reader expects. With blogging, I have the freedom to talk about whatever I want to.
- What’s your favorite book you’ve ever read? I honestly do not know if I have a favorite book. Books are like mini movies I carry around in my head. I can’t favor one over another, because they are all unique and special.
- Which is your favorite social media platform? This depends on what I am using it for, but generally Twitter since I have more freedom to share my writing without having to provide images. There is a huge writing and poetry community on there and they are so supportive.
- Would you go 3 months without internet if you were paid £1,000,000 to do so? This is an easy no. The internet is my lifeline to my friends whom I consider my family. Give me as much money as you’d like, but I’d never change my mind.
- What is your favorite or funniest memory from secondary/high school? My favorite memory from middle school is winning a paper airplane contest for an electives class. I worked so hard on making an airplane that would fly the longest distance and it did!
- If you could create an award for anything in the world, what would it be for? If I could create an award for anything, it would be to celebrate a person’s uniqueness.
My Nominations: (in no particular order)
Fighting With Fibro
New York Family Adventures
Life With Spina Bifida
Grumpy Book Grrrl
Her Unusual Journey
Wellness and Me
The Hidden Truths From a Disabled Girl
Skillfully Well & Painfully Aware
My MS Bully and Me
- What made you decide to blog about your certain category?
- Would you ever have a snake as a pet?
- Jurassic park or Star Wars?
- If you could have one extinct animal come back, what would it be and why?
- What is an odd pet peeve of yours?
- What is the weirdest food combination that you enjoy?
- Do you blog as a hobby or as a profession?
- Would you rather be able to swim underwater without having to breathe or explore space without needing a space suit?
- What is your favorite thing about your blog?
- Would you ever go on the show ‘Naked and Afraid’?
- Middle of the day or middle of the night?
*I would appreciate if you would tag me or notify me in some way when your posts come out. I am excited to see your answers, but please remember that there is no rush! I know that some of you deal with health conditions, so take your time!*
Thank you so much for reading this special blog post today! What do you think of this award? Please subscribe and I’ll see you next time, my Un-imaginables!