I had the honor of being nominated for this fun challenge by my best blogging friend, Bethany from ‘The Hidden Truths of a Disabled Girl. The challenge is a Vogue Magazine parody that is currently trending in the blogger-sphere right now (I haven’t heard of it until this nomination). Shows you how much I keep up with the times! This post is quite a fun thing to do and pretty convenient as well since I was planning on doing a more in depth post about myself anyways. I think I will even link this to my ‘About Me‘ page as a fun get to know me post. Thank you so much Bethany! I am so honored that you thought of me for this challenge. I am also really glad that we are amazing friends. You are wonderful and I hope you never forget that! Let’s get onto answering those questions, shall we? (The rules are found below my answers.)
THE CHALLENGE BEGINS:
1. What is your usual Starbucks order? Well, I don’t drink coffee. I could only imagine what that would do to my POTS! However, I do enjoy a good Chai Tea Latte or Pumpkin Spice Steamer every now and again.
2. What does your work station look like right now? My work station is my couch and it is a mess! I do everything from my couch, since at this point in my life I am couchbound. Ehh, the mess makes it feel cosier in a way.
3. All-time favorite food? My favorite food would have to be the Mongolian Beef that I get from P.F Chang’s. We don’t live near by one and it is sooo tasty.
4. Favorite Author? My favorite author of all time has to be Carolyn Keene, the pseudonym name of the Nancy Drew books author. These books have been written by many people over the years, but my favorite would have to be the first generation of books.
5. What do you think of open relationships? Like Bethany, I would not enter into an open relationship. I need security. However, to each their own.
6. What is your favorite video game? My favorite video game is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door on the game cube. It’s an oldie, but goodie.
7. Guilty Pleasure treat? Anything with some chocolate! Preferably a good homemade cupcake. Yum!
8. Favorite Movie? I like many different movies, but the one that continues to stand out for me is ‘National Treasure’. I’ve even visited Philidelphia where many scenes of the movie where filmed!
9. Favorite book? I don’t have one. Books are little universes and they are there long after you have read them. So I’ll just put the book I’m currently reading, which is ‘The Courtship of Nellie Fisher,’ by Beverly Lewis.
10. Twitter or Instagram? As a writer, I enjoy the platform of Twitter more. Pictures are not required to interact. I’m not the best at taking good photos.
11. Desktop or laptop? Seeing as it would be hard to use a desktop computer on my couch, I’ll go with laptop.
12. Best advice you’ve ever received? The best advice I’ve ever received was from my mom. She told me to take things one step at a time. It helps me to stay in the moment, instead of spiraling of into a panic attack.
13. What project are you working on right now? I’m working on my blog (as always). Since I’m not writing a book yet, I am working on a special piece of advocacy work with the Chronic Disease Coalition. I am trying to make organ transplant discrimination against those with disabilities, illegal.
14. Favorite color? Turquoise for sure! Absolutely no doubt about it.
15. Did you get good grades at school? Yes I did get good grades in school. I never had a final grade lower than a B. However, at the time, my anxiety was fueling this and I missed out on a lot. I definitely do not think “perfect grades” matter, but it took me FOREVER to learn that.
16. Dream job? If I could work, I would work as an animal conservationist or rescuer. I have always been extremely close to animals, seemingly being able to know what they were thinking. This is probably because of my anxiety, but this trait would help a lot in a career where I would be dedicated to helping animals.
17. Played any sports? I’ve never been on any after school sports team. However, up until I got sick, I loved playing team sports with my church or in P.E. I am a pretty competitive person and was good at a wide variety of sports. My favorite had to be dodgeball though.
18. Do you have a degree? Yes, I have a High School Diploma. Since my illnesses hit at the very beginning of high school, it took me 6 years to finish schooling. I am so proud that I was able to walk down and receive my diploma in 2017. It was so much work, but it was worth it.
19. Nationality? I’m from the United States, but definitely can trace my roots back to Scotland (specifically), Germany, and other European countries.
20. What is your favorite kind of blog post to do? My favorite kind of blog post to do is anything that involves research. This could be reviewing a news story of discrimination or researching a link between things. I love to research and I think that this type of information is important to share.
21. What do you like to collect? I like to collect bookmarks. Whenever I travel somewhere, I make sure to get a new bookmark, preferably with a new design or shape.
22. Describe yourself in three words? Stubborn, empathetic, and sweet.
23. If you were a rapper what would your rapper name be? Well, I don’t listen to rap music, but I think I will use one of those fun name generators for this. Using this generator, I’m stuck between “Inspectah Stubborn” and “Jordynastic J C.” Which one is your favorite?
24. Who was the last person you DM’d? Claire from ‘Chronically Beautiful‘ on Facebook Messenger.
25. What is on the top of your wish list right now? I want the summer heat to be over ASAP! With my POTS and other temperature control issues, I am stuck inside for most of the summer. That is not any fun to be sure.
26. Sorting house? Again, will take a quiz for this. I have characteristics that make me fit into all of the houses, but let me make sure. Okay, I am a Hufflepuff! Lol, not really any surprise there.
27. How many tattoos do you have? Zip. Zilch. Zero. Yet, I want one to commemorate my brother and his passing six years ago. I would get it, but I have MCAS, which makes me highly allergic to a wide variety of things. Most likely I wouldn’t tolerate the tattoo and by then it would be too late.
28. What are you most grateful for this year? This year, I am the most grateful for all of the people I have met and befriended online. My life has significantly changed with all of these wonderful souls in it. I wouldn’t change it for anything.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month? I would have to say it’s the amount of nominations and awards I have received for blogging. Only one has come out so far, but I feel so honored to even be considered by my peers, let alone chosen to get the awards.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today? The best thing that has happened to me today is working on this blog post. I am having a really good time answering these questions and it is boosting my mood.
31. What’s the best thing ever? Again, agreeing with Bethany’s answer here. Jesus and my eternal salvation is amazing. There is not enough words to describe it.
32. Favorite season? Fall for sure!
33. Favorite fictional animal? I noticed there was no question 33, so I made one of my own. Let’s see, a centaur. Who wouldn’t want to be half horse?
34. What fictional character do you relate to the most? I would have to choose Mr. Monk from the T.V show series ‘Mr. Monk’. He is a detective with OCD that solves mysteries proving to be too hard for the police. I have OCD and notice minute details like his character does, so it is really relatable for me.
35. Do you like surprises? Surprises tend to be hard on my anxiety. I like a nice predictable plan. However, I won’t say no to one, I just need to take extra steps to manage my anxiety.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had? The biggest surprise I’ve ever had, was when I was finally diagnosed with Hereditary Lymphedema. It took close to a decade and had made me bedbound. It was shocking to see that a doctor actually knew what was going on with my body!
37. What’s the surprise that made you cry? Something simple, like a kind message from a friend checking up on me or my mom buying me a needed new support pillow. It really is the thought that counts.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given someone? Surprises mean different things to different people. So I guess it would depend on the person?
39. Do you like muffins? Blueberry muffins are the best!
40. Do you cook often? Nope, not anymore. I lack the energy to, but I am a good cook.
41. What’s your favorite dessert? Homemade chocolate chip cookies. They are delicious!
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like? Any dessert with too much fruit in it. I want chocolate. I mean, it is dessert, isn’t it?
43. Cake or pie? Cake all the way! This goes back to the previous question. Most pies are fruit based. I want my chocolate cake!
44. What’s your least favorite food? Pickles and mayo. Eww!
45. What’s your favorite condiment? Ranch.
46. It’s 4 A.M. on a Saturday night, what would you eat? I would eat an assortment of cheese, crackers, chocolate, and whatever else struck my fancy.
47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called? Kicking Stigma in the Butt.
48. Best animated film? The Toy Story series.
49. What has a guy (or girl) done or said to impress you? I was in a restaurant recently and a waiter pulled out my seat for me. It was such a simple gesture, especially since I felt horrible that day. Plus we were eating at a pizza place, so it was that much more impressive.
50. The best thing to do on a date? Same as Bethany, I’ve never been on a date. However I would say the best thing to do would be respectful of your date, especially with chronic illness. To be aware or thinking of things you can do to help someone out is a HUGE plus for me.
51. The worst thing to do on a date? Be on your phone. Seriously, if you are going to do this, why did you even go out?
52. What is the funniest pick-up line a guy/girl could use on a girl/guy? “Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?” I just looked that one up and it is hilarious!
53. Best comic book character? Hawkeye
54. What are three things that are always in your purse? Emergency pills, inhaler, and wallet w/ insurance cards.
55. Favorite drink? As a potsie, I have to say plain water.
56. If you could play a historical character who would it be? Harriet Tubman, because of her role in the underground railroad. Can you imagine making it to freedom and then going back into the danger zone?
57. Kittens or puppies? Cute little baby puppies for sure.
58. Favorite sushi roll? I’m not a fan of raw fish, especially with a weak immune system.
59. What kind of lipstick do you use? I don’t really wear makeup. If I do, rarely do I wear true lipstick. It’s more of the colored Chapstick.
60. What kind of foundation do you use? None. With my MCAS, I am allergic to many things, so I stay makeup free.
61. Blow dry or air dry? I air dry my hair until it is 80% dry. Then I comb it out and blow dry it out. That way it is dry, styled, but not damaged.
62. Who is your fashion icon? Whatever is stretchy and comfortable is my go to. I look up to no one fashion wise. When you are so fatigued and have fit issues, all you care about is comfort.
63. Favorite Disney character? Flynn Rider from Tangled. He is such an out-of-the-box character from your typical male hero. I really admire that and his humor.
64. What are you doing tomorrow? Exactly what I’m doing today. Sitting on the couch and working on my blog.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through? ‘The Hustle’ with Rebel Wilson. She is my favorite actress by far!
66. A movie that made you cry? Finding Nemo, in the beginning. It gets me every single time.
67. If you could sing a duet with someone who would it be? I would sing with Bart Millard from MercyMe.
68. If your life were a song what would the title be? I’m sure it would be something like, “Climbing the Valleys.”
69. Favorite animal? Elephants are my favorite animal. They have so much power, yet choose to be delicate and graceful. Their ability to connect with others and their sensitive hearts, reminds me of myself.
70. Favorite illustrator? I honestly don’t know any illustrators. However, I do like seeing drawings of all different types. It shows you a peek into the heart of that specific person.
71. The person you want to have coffee with? I don’t like coffee incidentally. So I would have tea with Jesus. Just to ask all the obscure questions that I have. Other than that, I would want to sit down with an Amish woman my age to chat.
72. What’s the country you wish to visit? It is a toss up between Germany and the U.K.
73. Best ways to decompress? I like to watch different YouTube videos while sitting on my couch. YouTube has so many different things to view, so I am kept occupied and distracted for hours. Having Minnie on my lap at the same time is a plus as well.
For this challenge, you must answer the same questions that I did. You also need to nominate 12 people to complete the challenge as well. Make sure you notify your nominees. Please note that there is no rush to complete this. I know that many of you are dealing with health challenges, so please take as much time as you need!
My Nominees: (in no particular order)
Claire – Chronically Beautiful
Lauren – Endo Bunny
Nadine Preuss – The Gift of Life
Dace Pavlovica – Shift Your Habits
Leo – The Anxious Teacher
Home of Understanding
A New Dawn
Ilona Taylor-Conway – Pesky Pelvis
Catch Your Breath 60
Jen – Jen’s Life
Thank you so much for reading this fun post today! What did you think of my answers? Were there any you were surprised by? Please subscribe and I’ll see you next time, my Un-imaginables!
Original Photo (1) by Leah Kelley from Pexels
Original Photo (2) by Frans Van Heerden from Pexels
Original Photo (3) by Emre Kuzu from Pexels
Original Photo (5) by Stokpic from Pexels